Wednesday 16 June 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Man with a Million, directed by Ronald Neame, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1954!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1954 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Gary Roberts: Rocker (Boomtown Rats).
- Matthew Muhammad: American boxer and trainer (d. 2014).
- Jeffrey S Ashby: Dallas, Texas -- Astronaut (sk: STS 85).
- Patrick Quinqueton: French politician, a state councillor, former labor inspector, a member of the Scientific Council and Director of 'Fondation Res Publica.
- Dutch military conscription shortened from 20 to 18 months
- Ngo Dinh Diem elected President of Vietnam
- July 4 ampndash the 1954 FIFA World Cup is held in Switzerland
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1954 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?