Monday 16 June 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Johannes Helgason and Darrell Griffith.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
The Vikings, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1958!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1958 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Johannes Helgason: Icelandic guitarist (?eyr).
- Darrell Griffith: American athlete, pro basketball player for Utah for 10 seasons beginnin g in 1980.
- Jóhannes Helgason: Icelandic guitarist and pilot (Þeyr).
- Ulrike Tauber: East German swimmer.
- Warren soldier: university teacher hostage survivor & songwriter.
- Jose Pablo Moncayo Garcia: Composer, dies at 45.
- Government troops land on North-Celebes Indonesia
- Imre Nagy, Pal Maleter and other leaders of the 1956 Hungarian Uprising are executed.
- Imre Nagy is hanged for treason in Hungary.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
- Bobby Freeman - Do You Want To Dance
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?