Tuesday 16 June 1959
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Battle Of New Orleans by Johnny Horton.
In UK Roulette by Russ Conway was in the top 5 hits.
Wild Strawberries, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1959!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1959 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Desiree Rogers: American public relations executive and former Social Secretary for the White House.
- The Ultimate Warrior: American professional wrestler.
- John Franklin: American actor and screenwriter.
- Desirée Rogers: American businesswoman.
- The Ultimate Warrior: American wrestler (d. 2014).
- James Hellwig: Wrestler
- George Reeves: Actor (Superman, Gone with the Wind), shoots self at 45.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Martin Denny - Quiet Village
- Edward Byrnes - Kookie, Kookie (Lend Me Your Comb)
- Dion and the Belmonts - A Teenager In Love
- Freddy Cannon - Tallahassee Lassie
- Franck Pourcel's French Fiddles - Only You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?