Tuesday 16 June 1964
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Chapel Of Love by The Dixie Cups.
In UK It's Over by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
A Shot in the Dark, directed by Blake Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1964!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1964 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Amnesty granted to 3,000 political prisoners
- Quake strikes Niigata Japan
- Keith Bennett, 12, is abducted by Myra Hindley and Ian Brady.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- Ray Charles Singers - Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta El Sol)
- Millie Small - My Boy Lollipop
- Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
- The Beatles - Love Me Do
- Barbra Streisand - People
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying
- The Bachelors - Diane
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?