Sunday 16 June 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Mrs. Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK Young Girl by Union Gap was in the top 5 hits.
The Thomas Crown Affair, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1968!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1968 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Alton Montgomery: NFL safety (Atlanta Falcons).
- Matt Turk: NFL punter (Washington Redskins).
- Patrick Stuart in Hollywood: California, USA; actor (Will Cortlandt - All My Children).
- James Stuart: American actor.
- 68th US Golf Open: Lee Trevino shoots a 275 at Oak Hill Country Club - New York
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA 500 Ladies Golf Classic
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Mony Mony
- Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy
- Richard Harris - MacArthur Park
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Aretha Franklin - Think
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 - The Look Of Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?