Monday 16 June 1969
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include L B Stephens and Bénabar .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Get Back by The Beatles.
In UK The Ballad Of John And Yoko by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Carry on Camping, directed by Gerald Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Main Chance.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1969!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1969 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- L B Stephens: NFL (Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Bénabar : French singer and songwriter, occasionnally actor, of Corsican descent.
- Kevin Young: American baseball player, a first baseman for the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- Shami Chakrabarti: English lawyer and academic.
- Mark Crossley: English-Welsh footballer and manager.
- Harold RLG 1st Earl Alexander of Tunis: British field marshal, dies at 78.
- John BMR "John" Hanlo: Poet (Oote oote boe), dies at 57.
- Karl Hubert Rudolf Schiske: Composer, dies at 53.
- John Scott: rocker with The Pretenders, dies at age 25.
- Harold Alexander: 1st Earl Alexander of Tunis English field marshal and politician 17th Governor General of Canada (d. 1969).
- Supreme Court rules suspension of Adam Clayton Powell Jr from House
- US Supreme Court rules suspension of Adam Clayton Powell Jr from House had been unconstitutional.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Get Back
- Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus - Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
- Elvis Presley - In The Ghetto
- Marvin Gaye - Too Busy Thinking About My Baby
- Three Dog Night - One
- Mercy - Love (Can Make You Happy)
- The Friends Of Distinction - Grazing In The Grass
- Oliver - Good Morning Starshine
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - Spinning Wheel
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?