Saturday 16 June 1973
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to My Love by Paul McCartney.
In UK Can The Can by Suzi Quatro was in the top 5 hits.
The Exorcist, directed by William Friedkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Once Is Not Enough by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1973!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1973 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Shannon Myers: CFL receiver (Edmonton Eskimos).
- Eddie Cibrian: TV Actor.
- Amanda Byram: Irish model and television host.
- Nikos Machlas: Greek footballer.
- Thomas Dutronc: French jazz guitarist and member of noted family, his parents are composer/singer Jacques Dutronc and singer Françoise Hardy.
- Leonid I Brezhnev visit US
- U.S. President Richard Nixon begins several talks with Soviet leader Leonid Brezhnev.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- Paul McCartney - My Love
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- Edgar Winter - Frankenstein
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- Elton John - Daniel
- Sylvia - Pillow Talk
- Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?