Thursday 16 June 1977
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Craig Fitzgibbon and Kevin Foster.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Dreams by Fleetwood Mac.
In UK Lucille by Kenny Rogers was in the top 5 hits.
New York, New York, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Falconer by John Cheever was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chôdenji mashin Borutesu Faibu.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Basic Math or Combat.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1977.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1977!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1977 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Craig Fitzgibbon: Australian rugby league footballer.
- Kevin Foster: American convicted murderer.
- Duncan Hames: English accountant and politician.
- Simone Legno: Italian graphic designer.
- Petros Papadakis: American sportscaster and game show host.
- Kerry Wood: American baseball player
- Wernher von Braun: Rocket Scientist (V1 / V2), dies at 65 of smoking.
- Beatlemania opens on Broadway
- Fianna Fail-party wins Irish elections
- Leonid Brezhnev is named president of USSR.
- German-born rocket engineer, Wernher von Braun dies in Alexandria, Virginia at age 65. Von Braun was the world leader in developing rocket technology, director of the experimental unit at Peenemnnde where the V1 and V2 rockets were developed, worked for the U. S. Army in White Sands, New Mexico.
- Oracle Corporation is incorporated in Redwood Shores, California, as Software Development Laboratories (SDL) by Larry Ellison, Bob Miner and Ed Oates.
- The U.S. Supreme Court rules that the states are not required to spend Medicaid funds on elective abortions.
- Anglia Television broadcasts the fake documentary ''Alternative 3'', which enters into the conspiracy theory canon.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
- Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (Part 1)
- Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky)
- Foreigner - Feels Like The First Time
- Kenny Rogers - Lucille
- Alan O'Day - Undercover Angel
- Andrew Gold - Lonely Boy
- KC and the Sunshine Band - I'm Your Boogie Man
- Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
- Hot - Angel In Your Arms
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?