Monday 16 June 1980
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Funkytown by Lipps, Inc..
In UK Crying by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
Brubaker, directed by Stuart Rosenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1980!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1980 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Dare Nibombe: Togolese footballer.
- Nehir Erdogan: Turkish actress.
- Brandon Armstrong: American basketball player.
- Phil Christophers: German-born English rugby player.
- Nehir Erdoğan: Turkish actress.
- Brad Gushue: Canadian curler
- Sibel Kekilli: German actress
- Daré Nibombé: Togolese footballer
- Martin Stranzl: Austrian footballer
- Justin Tranter: American singer-songwriter and jewelry designer (Semi Precious Weapons)
- Joey Yung: Hong Kong singer and actress
- Blues Brothers, premieres in Chicago
- Supreme Court rules new forms of life created in labs could be patents
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?