Tuesday 16 June 1981
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Benjamin Becker and Kevin Bieksa.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Medley by Stars On 45.
In UK Being With You by Smokey Robinson was in the top 5 hits.
The Cannonball Run, directed by Hal Needham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Noble House by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I Can Jump Puddles.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Count or Tigers in the Snow.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1981!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1981 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Benjamin Becker: German tennis player.
- Kevin Bieksa: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Ben Kweller: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Radish and The Bens).
- Ola Kvernberg: Norwegian violinist (Grand General).
- Miguel Villalta: Peruvian footballer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stars On 45 - Medley
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Taste Of Honey, A - Sukiyaki
- Ray Parker Jr. - A Woman Needs Love (Just Like You Do)
- George Harrison - All Those Years Ago
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- Air Supply - The One That You Love
- Neil Diamond - America
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - You Make My Dreams
- Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?