Sunday 16 June 1985
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears For Fears.
In UK You'll Never Walk Alone by The Crowd was in the top 5 hits.
Lifeforce, directed by Tobe Hooper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while The Cider House Rules by John Irving was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1985.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1985!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1985 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 June
- 85th US Golf Open: Andy North shoots a 279 at Oakland Hills Country Club - Michigan
- Pat Bradley wins LPGA Rochester Golf International
- T C Chen, ahead by four strokes in final round of US Open, loses by one stroke to Andy North.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
- Bryan Adams - Heaven
- Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F
- Billy Ocean - Suddenly
- Howard Jones - Things Can Only Get Better
- Phil Collins - Sussudio
- Mary Jane Girls - In My House
- Wham! - Everything She Wants (Remix)
- Madonna - Angel
- Katrina & The Waves - Walking On Sunshine
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?