Saturday 16 June 2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
Ratatouille, directed by Brad Bird, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 2007!
Which were the important events of 16 June 2007 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 June
- Tupua Tamasese Tupuola Tufuga Efi is chosen as the O le Ao o le Malo of Samoa by the Fono. (AAP via News Limited)
- Mike Nifong is disbarred in the U.S. state of North Carolina for his role in the prosecution of the 2006 Duke University lacrosse case. (AP via WRAL)
- Police in Zimbabwe confiscate opposition leader Arthur Mutambara's passport as he tries to leave for South Africa and the United Kingdom. (VOA)
- The Chinese Ministry of Labour and Social Security undertakes an investigation into claims that up to 1,000 minors worked as slave labour in central China. (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- Iraq War: U.S. soldiers find the Common Access Card ID cards of two captured U.S. soldiers Iraqi insurgents had previously released a video containing images of the IDs. (CNN)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?