Saturday 16 June 2012
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye.
Inseparable, directed by Dayyan Eng, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gravity Falls.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dragon Ball Z: For Kinect or Kinect Star Wars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 2012!
Which were the important events of 16 June 2012 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 June
- Syrian uprising (2011-present):
- The United Nations suspends its peacekeeping mission in Syria amid escalating violence. (Al Jazeera)
- At least 32 people are killed in a car bomb attack targeting Shia Muslims in the Iraqi capital, Baghdad. (CNN)
- A bomb explodes in the Pakistani town of Landi Kotal, killing at least thirteen people. (BBC)
- Burmese politician Aung San Suu Kyi personally accepts the Nobel Peace Prize, 21 years after she was awarded the prize ''in absentia''. (''Christian Science Monitor'')
- Actors Kenneth Branagh and Kate Winslet and singer Gary Barlow are among those recognised in the Queen's Birthday Honours. (BBC)
- Coca-Cola returns to Myanmar after 60 years, leaving North Korea and Cuba as the only two countries in the world where the company does not do business. (Voice of America)
- The collapse of a stage intended for a Radiohead concert in the Canadian city of Toronto kills one person. (BBC)
- More than 30 people are killed and 15 injured after a bus falls into a gorge in Osmanabad district in the Indian state of Maharashtra. (IBN Live)
- A priest is stabbed to death in a church in the city of Focșani, Romania. (Realitatea TV)
- One of the United States's most wanted fugitives, Air Force deserter David A. Hemler, has reportedly been living and working in Stockholm, Sweden, for the past 28 years. (''Dagens Nyheter'')
- Voters in Egypt go to the polls for the second round of a presidential election, with ex-Prime Minister Ahmed Shafiq and Mohamed Morsi of the Muslim Brotherhood competing for the presidency. (Al Jazeera)
- Saudi Arabia states that Crown Prince Nayef has died in Geneva. (Al Jazeera)
- The United States Air Force's robotic Boeing X-37B spaceplane returns to Earth after a classified 469-day orbital mission. (Space.com)
- UEFA opens disciplinary proceedings against the Croatian Football Federation after bananas are thrown and racist chants are heard at the Italy-Croatia game. (BBC)
- Daredevil Nik Wallenda becomes the first person to walk a tightrope above the brink of Niagara Falls between the United States and Canada. (AP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?