Monday 16 March 1908
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1908!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1908 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Jacques Bingen: French high-ranking member of the Resistance during World War II who, when captured by the Gestapo, chose to commit suicide on 12 May 1944 rather than risk divulging what he knew under torture.
- René Daumal: French writer, His unfinished fantasy; "Mount Analogue" was published with a commentary in France, 1952, and in America in 1960 with notes on what he was trying to say.
- Robert Rossen: American film director, screenwriter and producer (d. 1966).
- Rene Daumal: French writer (d. 1944).
- Frederick Wieseman: Milwaukee Military man.
- Frederick Weiseman: American military, major general, U.S. marine corps.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 March 1908 and get them!