Tuesday 16 March 1915
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Black Box, directed by Otis Turner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1915.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1915!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1915 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Kunihiko Kodaira: Japanese mathematician and academic (d. 1997).
- Haldun Taner: Turkish playwright and author (d. 1986).
- Lou Nova: American boxer and actor.
- British battle cruisers Inflexible and Irresistible hit mines in Dardanelle.
- Federal Trade Commission organizes.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1915 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Sister Susie's Sewing Shirts for Soldiers - Al Jolson
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?