Tuesday 16 March 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Idol Dancer, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1920!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1920 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- John Addison: Surrey, England -- Composer (Tom Jones - Academy Award).
- Dorothea Binz: Nazi war criminal (Born 1920).
- Sid Fleischman: American author and screenwriter (d. 2010).
- Traudl Junge: German secretary to Adolf Hitler (d. 2002).
- Leo McKern: Australian-English actor (d. 2002).
- Leo McKern Sydney Australia actor (Blue Lagoon: Help, Mouse that Roared).
- 1 Acre Park also known as Baby Park in the Bronx renamed Melrose Park.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Bells of St Mary's - Frances Alda
- Wonderful Pal - George Meader
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1920?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 March 1920 and get them!