Monday 16 March 1925
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Monster, directed by Roland West, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1925.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1925!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1925 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Fosco Becattini: Italy sport Champion.
- Cornell Borchers: Germany -- Actress (Big Lift, Floodtide, Istanbul).
- Mary Hinkson: American dancer and choreographer (d. 2014).
- Ervin Kassai: Hungarian basketball player and referee (d. 2012).
- Luis Miramontes: Mexican chemist and engineer (d. 2004).
- Ben Kamihara: American artist, exhibited at the Whitney Museum of Art in New York City, Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Art, the Ringling Museum, and the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center. Kamihara studied at the Pittsburgh Art Institute and at the Academy of Fine Arts 1948-1952.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Tell Her in the Springtime - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- I'll See You in My Dreams - Isham Jones Conducting Ray Miller's Orchestra
- Rose Marie - John McCormack
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?