Tuesday 16 March 1926
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Waxworks, directed by Leo Birinsky, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1926!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1926 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Jerry Lewis: American comedian, director, writer, actor, producer and TV host.
- Harold Kay: French film and television actor and radio personality, who died on 16 July 1990 in Clamart, France.
- Charles Goodell: American lawyer and politician (d. 1987).
- Jean Lalounis: France sport Champion.
- History of Rocketry: Robert Goddard launched the first liquid-fueled rocket, at Auburn, Massachusetts.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - I'm Sitting on Top of the World
- Sleepy Time Gal - Art Landry & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 March 1926 and get them!