Saturday 16 March 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Spies, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1929!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1929 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Nadja Tiller: Austrian beauty queen, model and actress, she was Miss Austria in 1949 and 1951.
- Betty Johnson: American singer (The Johnson Family Singers).
- Tihomir Novakov: Serbian-American physicist and academic (d. 2015).
- Guy Boussely: St-M?ard physician.
- Edwin London: Composer.
- WHP-AM in Harrisburg PA begins radio transmissions
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 March 1929 and get them!