Monday 16 March 1931
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Mary, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1931!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1931 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Alan Heyman: American-South Korean musicologist and composer (d. 2014).
- Anthony Kenny: English philosopher and academic.
- John Munro: Canadian lawyer and politician 22nd Canadian Minister of Labour (d. 2003).
- Betty Johnson in Guilford County: North Carolina, USA; singer (Jack Paar Show, "I Dreamed").
- Don Richard Carpenter: Novelist.
- Genootschap Onze Taal (Our Language) organizes (Netherlands).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?