Thursday 16 March 1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Christopher Strong, directed by Dorothy Arzner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1933!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1933 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Sandy Weill: American financier and philanthropist.
- Ruth Bader: Ginsberg; justice (US Supreme Court).
- Keith Critchlow: English architect and academic co-founded Temenos Academy.
- Sanford Weill: American banker financier and philanthropist.
- Jacques Schmidt: French costume designer for stage plays and films throughout the world.
- Alfred Her: Hungarian mathematician, dies at age 47.
- Hitler names Hjalmar Shaft, President of Bank of Germany
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?