Friday 16 March 1934
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Jimmy the Gent, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1934!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1934 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Gibson Kline: American astrologer, joined AFA 7/1969.
- Jean Cournoyer: Canadian journalist and politician.
- Ray Hnatyshyn: Canadian lawyer and politician 24th Governor General of Canada (d. 2002).
- Mack McInnis: American soldier and politician (d. 2013).
- Roger Norrington: English violinist and conductor.
- Ray Walker: American singer (The Jordanaires)
- Congress passes Migratory Bird Conservation Act
- US Congress passes Migratory Bird Conservation Act.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 March 1934 and get them!