Tuesday 16 March 1937
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Swing High, Swing Low, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1937!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1937 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Constanca Capdeville: Composer.
- David Del Tredici in Cloverdale: California, USA; composer (1980 Pulitzer).
- Simon Gavet: French cabaret director.
- Attilio Nicora: Italian ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Cardinal ordained into the priesthood in 1964.
- Guillaume Raskin: Belgium sport Champion.
- Michem Rat:
- David Frith: English historian journalist and author
- Amos Tversky: Israeli-American psychologist and academic (d. 1996)
- J Austen Chamberlain: English Minister of Foreign Affairs (Nobel), dies at age 73.
- All but one senior fouls out of a scrimmage game between seniors and sophomores, but he holds on to win the game 35-32
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?