Saturday 16 March 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jan Schaefer and Jan P.
Primrose Path, directed by Gregory LaCava, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1940 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Jan Schaefer: Dutch Assistant Secretary of State (PvdA).
- Jan P: Pronk; Dutch politician (PvdA).
- Jan Pronk: Dutch politician, economist, UN diplomat and professor.
- Bernardo Bertolucci: Italian director and screenwriter.
- Vagif Mustafazadeh: Azerbaijani pianist and composer (d. 1979).
- Keith Rowe: English guitarist (AMM and M.I.M.E.O.)
- Selma Lagerlof: Swedish writer, Nobel Prize laureate (Born 1858).
- First person killed in a German bombing raid on the UK in World War II during a raid on Scapa Flow in the Orkney Islands, James Isbister.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?