Sunday 16 March 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Sea Wolf, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1941!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1941 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Robert Guei: ruler of Cote d'Ivoire (d. 2002).
- Chuck Woolery: American TV personality, a game show host who inaugurated the popular show "Wheel of Fortune.
- Robert Guéï: Ivorian soldier and politician 3rd President of Côte d'Ivoire (d. 2002).
- Bernardo Bertolucci: Italian director, one of the most accomplished of his generation.
- National Gallery of Art opens in Washington DC
- Dmitri Shostakovich receives the Stalin Prize.
- Blizzard hits North Dakota and Minnesota killing 60.
- A group of U.S. warships arrive in Auckland, New Zealand on a goodwill visit. On March 20, they visit Sydney, Australia.
- British Minister of Labour Ernest Bevin calls for women to fill vital jobs.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?