Monday 16 March 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Reap the Wild Wind, directed by Cecil B. De Mille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1942!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1942 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Jerry Jeff Walker: American musician.
- Roger Crozier: Canadian-American ice hockey player and coach (d. 1996).
- James Soong: Chinese-Taiwanese politician Governor of Taiwan Province.
- Gijs van Lennep: Dutch race car driver.
- Jerry Walker: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Lost Gonzo Band).
- The first V-2 rocket test launch. It exploded at lift-off.
- WWII: New Zealand and Australia declared war on Thailand.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?