Tuesday 16 March 1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marc Meneau and Bryan Lee.
Hangmen Also Die!, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1943!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1943 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Marc Meneau: French chef, two stars at the Guide Michelin (former three stars).
- Bryan Lee: Guitarist.
- Ursula Goodenough: American biologist, zoologist, professor and author.
- Kim Mu-saeng: South Korean actor (Born 1943).
- Elin K (No) andZaanland (Neth) torpedoed andsinks
- March 19 ampndash WWII: 22 ships from Convoys HX 229/SC 122 and one U-boat are sunk in the largest North Atlantic U-boat quotwolfpackquot attack of the war.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?