Sunday 16 March 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Egg and I, directed by Chester Erskine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1947 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Philippe Bouchard: French physician, an endocrinologist.
- Thomas Morton: Brazilian psychokinetic, capable of many feats similar to Uri Geller and more, said to be able to transfer matter and make perfumes appear out of nowhere, feats that have been videotaped.
- Candie Reed: American artist, known for her impressionistic landscapes.
- James Sladky: American ice skater, won the championship for Ice Dance with partner Judy Schwomeyer.
- Ramzan Paskayev: Kazakh accordion player and composer.
- Convair Liner, first US twin-engine pressurized airplane, tested.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- How Are Things in Glocca Mora? - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?