Thursday 16 March 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Stage Fright, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1950!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1950 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
Famous Birthdays:16 March
- 1st annual National Book Awards
- Communist Czechoslovakia's ministry of foreign affairs asked nuncios of Vatican to leave the country.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1950 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Chattanoogie Shoe Shine Boy - Phil Harris
- Jo Stafford & Gordon MacRae - Dearie
- Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians - The Third Man Theme
- Eileen Barton - If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd've Baked a Cake
- Freddy Martin & His Orchestra - Music! Music! Music!
- Music! Music! Music! ?? - Carmen Cavallaro & His Orchestra
- Billy Eckstine - My Foolish Heart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?