Monday 16 March 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK She Wears Red Feathers by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
I Confess, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1953!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1953 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Óscar Ramírez: Peruvian criminal, commonly known as Comrade Feliciano, was one of the leaders of the Shining Path, a Maoist terrorist group in Peru.
- Isabelle Huppert: French actress of stage, television and film, who debuted in "Faustine et le bel été," in 1971 when she was just 16.
- Richard Stallman: American computer scientist and programmer.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1953 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?