Tuesday 16 March 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1954!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1954 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Nancy Wilson in San Francisco: California, USA; rocker (Heart - "These Dreams", "Never", "What about Love").
- Hollis Stacy in Savannah: Georgia, USA; LPGA golfer (US Open 1977, 1978).
- David Heath: English politician.
- Jimmy Nail: English singer-songwriter guitarist and actor.
- Tim O'Brien: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Hot Rize).
- Hollis Stacy: American golfer
- Nancy Wilson: American singer-songwriter guitarist producer and actress (Heart)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?