Wednesday 16 March 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Give Me Your Word by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Blackboard Jungle, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1955!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1955 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Svetlana Alexeeva: Russian ice dancer and coach.
- Bruno Barreto: Brazilian director producer and screenwriter.
- Jiro Watanabe: Japanese boxer.
- President Eisenhower upheld the use of atomic weapons in case of war
- US President Dwight Eisenhower upholds the use of atomic weapons in case of war.
- Josephine Kroesen appointed as first Dutch female judge.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1955 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?