Saturday 16 March 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Young Love by Tab Hunter.
Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Blue Camellia by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1957!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1957 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Laurence La Ferrière: French mountaineer and adventurer.
- Pearl Moore: Women's Professional Basketball League guard (New York Stars).
- Matthew Bannister: English broadcaster.
- 9th Emmy Awards: Phil Silvers Show, Robert Young and Loretta Young
- Patty Berg wins LPGA Titleholders Golf Championship.
- Toronto Maple Leafs tie NHL record 37 points beating New York Rangers 14-1.
- In Burbank, California, the 9th Annual Emmy Awards are presented, hosted by Desi Arnaz.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1957 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?