Sunday 16 March 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Don't by Elvis Presley.
In UK Magic Moments by Perry Como was in the top 5 hits.
South Pacific, directed by Joshua Logan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1958!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1958 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Jorge Ramos: Mexican TV anchor.
- Catherine Mégret: French politician, the mayor of Vitrolles (Bouches-du-Rhône) from 1997 to 2002.
- Phillip Wilcher: Australian pianist and composer.
- Kate Worley: American comic book writer (d. 2004).
- Leon J Cadore: pitched the 26-inning game, dies at age 65.
- Beverly Hanson wins LPGA Titleholders Golf Championship.
- The Ford Motor Company produced its 50 millionth automobile, the Thunderbird, averaging almost a million cars a year since the company's founding.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 March 1958 and get them!