Tuesday 16 March 1965
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cindy Brown and Richard Daniel Roman.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Eight Days A Week by The Beatles.
In UK It's Not Unusual by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
Major Dundee, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Funeral In Berlin by Len Deighton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dim Dam Dom.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1965!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1965 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Cindy Brown: United States -- Basketball player (1988 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Richard Daniel Roman: English songwriter and record producer.
- Belen Rueda: Spanish actress.
- Christiana Reali: Brazilian-French stage and film actress of Italian descent.
- Steve Armstrong: American wrestler.
- Mark Carney: Canadian-English economist and banker
- Richard Roman: English-Spanish songwriter and producer
- Belén Rueda: Spanish actress and singer
- Police clash with 600 SNCC marchers in Montgomery, Alabama.
- In Montgomery, Alabama, 1,600 civil rights marchers demonstrate at the Courthouse.
- In response to the events of March 7 and 9 in Selma, Alabama, President Lyndon B. Johnson sends a bill to Congress that forms the basis for the Voting Rights Act of 1965. It is passed by the Senate May 26, the House July 10, and signed into law by President Johnson Aug. 6.
- Cosmonaut Aleksei Leonov, leaving his spacecraft ''Voskhod 2'' for 12 minutes, becomes the first person to walk in space.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Eight Days A Week
- The Supremes - Stop! In The Name Of Love
- Jewel Akens - The Birds And The Bees
- Roger Miller - King Of The Road
- Herman's Hermits - Can't You Hear My Heartbeat
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Ferry Across The Mersey
- The Temptations - My Girl
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
- Shirley Bassey - Goldfinger
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - Shotgun
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?