Thursday 16 March 1967
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dan Owens and John Mangum.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Penny Lane by The Beatles.
In UK Release Me by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
Thoroughly Modern Millie, directed by George Roy Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1967!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1967 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Dan Owens: NFL defensive tackle (Atlanta Falcons, Detroit Lions).
- John Mangum: NFL safety (Chicago Bears).
- Lauren Graham: American actress.
- Tracy Bonham: American singer and violinist.
- John Darnielle: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Mountain Goats The Extra Lens and The Bloody Hawaiians).
- James Friskin: Composer, dies at 80.
- Pirate Radio Station 333 (Radio Britain) ship breaks down
- In the Aspida case in Greece, 15 officers are sentenced to 2–18 years in prison, accused of treason and intentions of staging a coup.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 March 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Penny Lane
- The Turtles - Happy Together
- Johnny Rivers - Baby I Need Your Lovin'
- The Supremes - Love Is Here And Now You're Gone
- The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday
- The Mama's & The Papa's - Dedicated To The One I Love
- Mitch Ryder - Sock It To Me - Baby!
- Herman's Hermits - There's A Kind Of Hush
- Ed Ames - My Cup Runneth Over
- The Casinos - Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?