Sunday 16 March 1969
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pat Harlow NFL tackle (New England Patriots and Steve Israel NFL cornerback (San Francisco 49ers.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Dizzy by Tommy Roe.
In UK Where Do You Go To (My Lovely) by Peter Sarstedt was in the top 5 hits.
Charro!, directed by Charles Marquis Warren, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sumorna jesen.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1969!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1969 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Pat Harlow NFL tackle (New England Patriots: Oakland Raiders).
- Steve Israel NFL cornerback (San Francisco 49ers: New England Patriots).
- Aggelos Koronios: Greek basketball coach and retired player.
- Markus Lanz: Lanz works in Germany as a television presenter.
- Tonhi Terenzi: Italian fencing master, the winner of a Bronze Medal in team sabres with Caserta and Tarantino at the Atlanta Olympics 7/24/1996.
- Judah Friedlander: American comedian and actor
- Evangelos Koronios: Greek basketball player and coach
- 1776 opens at 46th St. Theater NYC for 1217 performances
- Boston Bruins scores a NHL record eight goals in one period.
- Peter Stone and Sherman Edward's 1776 premieres at 46th Steet Theater in New York City for 1217 performances.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Roe - Dizzy
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- Classics IV - Traces
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- Dionne Warwick - This Girl's In Love With You
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. - Indian Giver
- The Zombies - Time Of The Season
- Jay and the Americans - This Magic Moment
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?