Wednesday 16 March 1988
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley.
In UK I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Frantic, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Bonfire Of The Vanities by Tom Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1988.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1988!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1988 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Brett DiBiase: American wrestler and referee.
- Jessica Gregg: Canadian speed skater.
- Patrick Herrmann: German footballer.
- Jhené Aiko: American singer and songwriter who embarked on her music career contributing vocals and appearing in several music videos for R&B group B2K.
- Jonica Booth: Reality Star.
- Dorothy Adams Foulger: Actress (Laura, Devil Commands), dies at 88.
- North-Ireland Protestant fires on Catholic funeral, three killed.
- US sends 3000 soldiers to Nicaragua's neighbor Honduras.
- Federal grand jury indicts Marine Lieutenant Colonel Oliver L. North and Navy Vice Admiral John M. Poindexter in Iran-Contra affair on charges of conspiracy to defraud the United States.
- Halabja poison gas attack: The Kurdish town of Halabjah in Iraq is attacked with a mix of poison gas and nerve agents on the orders of Saddam Hussein, killing 5000 people and injuring about 10000 people.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
- Belinda Carlisle - I Get Weak
- George Michael - Father Figure
- Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror
- Richard Marx - Endless Summer Nights
- Patrick Swayze - She's Like The Wind
- Debbie Gibson - Out Of The Blue
- David Lee Roth - Just Like Paradise
- Keith Sweat - I Want Her
- Billy Ocean - Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?