Thursday 16 March 1989
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Blake Griffin and Tamara Kalinic.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Lost In Your Eyes by Debbie Gibson.
In UK Too Many Broken Hearts by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
Leviathan, directed by George P. Cosmatos, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Star by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Just Say Julie.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bandit Kings of Ancient China or Emerald Dragon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1989!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1989 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Blake Griffin: American basketball player.
- Tamara Kalinic: YouTube Star.
- Jessica Hansen: Vine Star.
- Theo Walcott: Soccer Player.
- The Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union approves agricultural reforms allowing farmers the right to lease state-owned farms for life.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 March 1989
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Gibson - Lost In Your Eyes
- Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years
- Bobby Brown - Roni
- Milli Vanilli - Girl You Know It's True
- Guns N' Roses - Paradise City
- Bangles - Eternal Flame
- Rod Stewart - My Heart Can't Tell You No
- Roxette - The Look
- New Kids On The Block - You Got It (The Right Stuff) (Remix)
- Breathe - Don't Tell Me Lies
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?