Monday 16 March 1992
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tim Hardaway and Brett Davern.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Save The Best For Last by Vanessa Williams.
In UK Stay by Shakespear's Sister was in the top 5 hits.
Basic Instinct, directed by Paul Verhoeven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while The Pelican Brief by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Odyssey.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Addams Family or AV-8B Harrier Assault.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1992!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1992 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
Famous Birthdays:16 March
- Matt Keough, in the dugout, is hit flush in the head by a batted ball.
- President Russia announces the creation of a separate Russian army, leading to questions about the viability of the Commonwealth of Independent States.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 March 1992
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Vanessa Williams - Save The Best For Last
- Mr. Big - To Be With You
- Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven
- Michael Jackson - Remember The Time
- Right Said Fred - I'm Too Sexy
- Atlantic Starr - Masterpiece
- Shanice - I Love Your Smile
- Amy Grant - Good For Me
- Genesis - I Can't Dance
- Mint Condition - Breakin' My Heart (Pretty Brown Eyes)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?