Friday 16 March 2007
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to This Is Why I'm Hot by Mims.
In UK Shine by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Hot Fuzz, directed by Edgar Wright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Koledzicom po svijetu.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing E-SWAT: City Under Siege or Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 2007!
Which were the important events of 16 March 2007 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 March
- Two Iraqi police officers are killed and hundreds wounded or sickened as three suicide attacks using chlorine gas occur in Anbar province. (New York Times)
- The Inter-American Development Bank forgives US$4.4 billion in debt owed by Bolivia, Honduras, Nicaragua, Haiti and Guyana, five of the poorest countries in the Americas. (AP via San Diego Union Tribune)
- Herschelle Gibbs of South Africa becomes the first cricketer to hit six sixes in one over in a One Day International at the 2007 Cricket World Cup. (BBC)
- Three officers of the New York Police Department are indicted on charges related to the death of a black man, Sean Bell, on his wedding day. (AP via IHT)
- British coroner Andrew Walker finds that the death of soldier Matty Hull in the 190th Fighter Squadron, Blues and Royals ampquotfriendly fireampquot incident was ampquotunlawful and criminalampquot. (BBC)
- Airbus workers in Germany, France and Spain hold protest meetings and strikes in response to plans to cut 10,000 jobs and close six plants. (AP via ABC News America)
- Livedoor founder Takafumi Horie is sentenced to two and a half years for his role in securities fraud at the company. (BBC)
- Santo Santoro, the federal Minister for Ageing in Australia, resigns after revealing that he owned shares in at least 50 companies not disclosed on the Senate register of interests. (ABC News Australia)
- The Property Law of the People's Republic of China is adopted at the 2007 National People's Congress. (BBC)
- Foreign ministers of Pacific Islands Forum countries meet in Vanuatu and call on Fiji to hold elections within two years. (Radio New Zealand)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Break It Off - Rihanna
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?