Monday 16 May 1921
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Carmen, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1921!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1921 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Harry Carey Jr: Saugus, California -- Actor (She Wore a Yellow Ribbon).
- S Neil Fujita: American graphic designer (d. 2010).
- André Rossi: Menton Politician.
- Ettore Bernabei: Italian journalist, editor and broadcasting executive, he was director of RAI.
- Harry Carey: American actor and noted family, the son of star Harry Carey.
- Carlos Valcarcel Mavor: Spanish historian, official chronicler of the city of Murcia and father of political Ramón Luis Valcárcel Siso (President of the region of Murcia between 1995 and 2014, and current vice president of the European Parliament). He received the title of "adopted son of the city of Murcia" in December 2009. He died after several months of illness on 25 May 2010 around noon.
- Mildred Smith: American actress who played Sidney Poitier's wife in "No Way Out," 1950. She had formerly worked with the Karamu Theatre in Cleveland and appeared on the Jack Benny Show and in theater in the '30s and '40s. Moving into the business end of the industry, Smith became the owner and president of Black Beauty Inc. Talent Agency. She was married to producer David Hepburn; widowed.
- Andre Rossi: French Civil servant who held many posts as advisor or ‘’attaché,’’ 1947-58. He was a Deputy 1958-'74, 1978-81 and from 1986, as well as member of the European Parliament 1959-'74 and from 1979. He served as Mayor of Château-Thierry from 1971, as State secretary 1974-76 and Minister, 1976-'78.
- Robert Croften: Brown politician.
- 47th Preakness: F Coltiletti aboard Broomspun wins in 1:54.2.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Spread Yo' Stuff - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- Do You Ever Think of Me? - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Moonbeams - All-Star Trio
- Look for the Silver Lining - Charles Harrison & Edna Brown (Elsie Baker)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1921?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?