Thursday 16 May 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Adrienne Cecile Rich in Baltimore and Osmo Uolevi Lindeman.
The Valiant, directed by William K. Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1929!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1929 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Adrienne Cecile Rich in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; feminist writer (Diamond Cutters).
- Osmo Uolevi Lindeman: Composer.
- John Conyers Jr American politician (Representative-Democrat-Michigan: 1965-).
- Adrienne Rich: American writer known for intensely personal, political poetry which reflects the feminist revolution.
- Paolo Melis: Italy sport Champion.
- Betty Carter: American singer-songwriter (d. 1998)
- John Conyers: American lawyer and politician
- Claude Morin: Canadian academic and politician
- Lilli Lehmann: Soprano.
- 1st Academy Awards - Wings, Emil Jennings and Janet Gaynor wins
- In Hollywood, California, the first Academy Awards are handed out.
- The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences hands out its first awards, at a dinner party held in the Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood, California. Host of the ceremony is actor Douglas Fairbanks, Sr. Best Picture: Wings
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?