Saturday 16 May 1931
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Dodson in Pittsburgh and Peter Levi.
Svengali, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1931!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1931 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Jack Dodson in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (Howard Sprage - Andy Griffith Show).
- Peter Levi: Poet / writer.
- Natwar Singh: Indian politician.
- Donald James Martino in Plainfield: New Jersey, USA; composer (Noturnno - Pulitzer 1974).
- Lowell P Weicker American politician (Senator-Republican-Connecticut: 1971-88/Governor-Democrat-Connecticut).
- Lowell P Weicker: Jr., American politician
- Hana Brady: Czech-Polish holocaust victim (d. 1944)
- Vujadin Boškov: Serbian footballer coach and manager (d. 2014)
- Jack Dodson: Actor (Howard Sprague-Andy Griffith Show), dies at 63
- Denise Filiatrault: French Canadian actress and director
- K Singh: Indian scholar and politician Indian Minister of External Affairs
- Lowell Weicker: Jr. American soldier and politician 85th Governor of Connecticut
- 57th Kentucky Derby: Charley Kurtsinger on Twenty Grand wins in 2:01.8.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?