Friday 16 May 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Great Expectations, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1947!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1947 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Barbara Lee: American singer (The Chiffons) (d. 1992).
- Bill Smitrovich: Actor (Crime Story, Miami Vice).
- Darrell Sweet: English-Scottish drummer (Nazareth) (d. 1999).
- Roch Thériault: Canadian religious leader (d. 2011).
- Bob Edwards: American newscaster.
- Enzo Acampora: Italian financial astrologer and author
- Rosie Barnes: British Member of Parliament.
- Charles Stiehr: American ecclesiastic, the grandson of a preacher who grew up to become a successful accountant. He was strong and good looking, over-endowed sexually and gay. In the early '80s, he heard the Call and became an ordained minister of the Universal Christ Church. He died of AIDS in September 1988.
- Janette Tough: Scottish entertainer who has a stage act called "The Krankies," in which she plays with her husband Ian. Janette plays "Wee Jimmy," a cheeky schoolboy. Their act is extremely popular with kids.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Frank Sinatra - Mam'selle
- Across The Alley From The Alamo - Mills Brothers
- I Never Knew - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?