Saturday 16 May 1953
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Young Bess, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1953!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1953 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Kitanoumi Toshimitsu: Japanese sumo wrestler the 55th Yokozuna (d. 2015).
- David Maclean: British minister of state.
- Stephen Woolman: Lord Woolman Scottish judge and academic.
- Pierce Brosnan: Irish actor, extremely handsome with a "nice" look.
- Richard Page in Los Angeles: California, USA; rocker (Mr Mister).
- Rick Rhoden: pitcher (New York Yankees).
- Django Reinhardt: Belgian jazz musician and composer who gained an international reputation for his recordings.
- Phillies Curt Simmons gives up a single, then retires next 27 in a row
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1953 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?