Sunday 16 May 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Le Plaisir, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1954!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1954 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Dafydd Williams: Canadian physician and astronaut.
- Daniel Goossens: French cartoonist, who has worked for the magazines Pionniers, Pilote, Fluide Glacial, Le Petit Psikopat Illustré and Rigolo.
- Janet Maw: Actress (Sparrow, King John, Mayor of Casterbridge).
- Cliff Kincaid: American editor of the AIM Report, a twice-monthly newsletter published by Accuracy in Media, a non-profit news media watchdog.
- [Dafydd] Rhys Williams in Saskatoon: Saskatchewan, Canada; MD/astronaut (STS 90).
- WGAN (now WGME) TV channel 13 in Portland, ME (CBS) 1st broadcast
- Ted Williams gets eight hits in first game (designated hitter) since breaking collarbone.
- Babe Didrikson-Zaharias wins LPGA National Capital Golf Open.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1954 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?