Sunday 16 May 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Janet Maw and [Dafydd] Rhys Williams in Saskatoon.
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Le Plaisir, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Vampira Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1954!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1954 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Janet Maw: Actress (Sparrow, King John, Mayor of Casterbridge).
- [Dafydd] Rhys Williams in Saskatoon: Saskatchewan, Canada; MD/astronaut (STS 90).
- Daniel Goossens: French cartoonist, who has worked for the magazines Pionniers, Pilote, Fluide Glacial, Le Petit Psikopat Illustré and Rigolo.
- Cliff Kincaid: American editor of the AIM Report, a twice-monthly newsletter published by Accuracy in Media, a non-profit news media watchdog.
- Dafydd Williams: Canadian physician and astronaut.
- WGAN (now WGME) TV channel 13 in Portland, ME (CBS) 1st broadcast
- Ted Williams gets eight hits in first game (designated hitter) since breaking collarbone.
- Babe Didrikson-Zaharias wins LPGA National Capital Golf Open.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?