Monday 16 May 1955
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Stranger In Paradise by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits.
Kiss Me Deadly, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while No Time For Sergeants by Mac Hyman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1955!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1955 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- John Frawley: British astrologer, the editor of the "Astrologer's Apprentice" and a regular writer for a soccer magazine.
- Olga Korbut: Belarusian gymnast.
- Jack Morris: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- Hazel O'Connor: English-Irish singer-songwriter and actress.
- Páidí Sé: Irish footballer and manager (d. 2012).
- Debra Winger in Columbus: Ohio, USA; actress (An Officer and a Gentleman).
- Jack Morris in Saint Paul: Minnesota, USA; pitcher (Detroit Tigers).
- Edgar Bronfman: American businessman, second of five children of Ann (Loeb) and Edgar Miles Bronfman. He was indicated by his grandfather in 1971 as being suitable as the heir to the Seagram Company.
- Debra Winger: American actress whose films include "Urban Cowboy," 1980, "An Officer and a Gentleman," 1982 and "Terms of Endearment," 1983, for which she was nominated as Best Actress.
- James Agee: US critic / writer (Death in Family), dies in New York.
- King Baudouin of Belgium visits Congo
- Rocky Marciano TKOs Don Cockell in 9 for heavyweight boxing title
- Heavyweight Rocky Marciano knocks out Don Cockell in 9 rounds (San Francisco) for heavyweight boxing title.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?