Friday 16 May 1958
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Witch Doctor by David Seville.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
Indiscreet, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1958!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1958 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Gitane Demone: American singer-songwriter (Christian Death and Pompeii 99).
- Glenn Gregory: English singer-songwriter (Heaven 17 Honeyroot and ABC).
- Jeroom Verten [Jozef F Vermetten]: Flemish playwright, dies at age 49.
- Walter Irwin flies 2,259 km/h in F-104A Starfighter
- Eli Beeding experiences 83 G deceleration on a rocket sled, New Mexico, USA.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- The Champs - Tequila
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
- Don Gibson - Oh Lonesome Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?