Sunday 16 May 1965
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter by Herman's Hermits.
In UK Ticket To Ride by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Pawnbroker, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1965!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1965 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Jarvis Williams: American athlete, a pro football player, he played with the Miami Dolphins (1988 to 1993) and the New York Giants (1994).
- Krist Novoselic: American musician and author.
- Brent Jasmer in Portland: Oregon, USA; actor (Sly - The Bold and the Beautiful).
- Tanel Tammet: Estonian computer scientist engineer and academic.
- Lori Sippel in Stratford: Ontario, Canada; softball pitcher (Olympics-1996).
- Roar of the Greasepaint opens at Shubert Theater NYC for 232 performances
- WNJU TV channel 47 in NY-Linden, New York (TEL) begins broadcasting
- Bomb destroys US Air Force base Bien Hoa, South Vietnam.
- Susie Maxwell wins LPGA Muskogee Civitan Golf Open.
- Campbell Soup Company introduces Spaghetti-Os under its Franco-American brand.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Count Me In
- The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
- The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You
- Herman's Hermits - Silhouettes
- The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda
- Petula Clark - I Know A Place
- Marvin Gaye - I'll Be Doggone
- The Righteous Brothers - Just Once In My Life
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?